Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!

This is my Easter basket cake from Easter 2010. I was in the process of making it again this year until I decided to dump my entire cake batter on the floor! OOPS! I didn't have time to make one for this year, but this is my cake from last year! It is a lot of fun to make and if you want to make one for next year here is what you do:

1. Cake of your choice and bake in two round 8 inch pans or whatever size rounds you want!
2. Let cake completely cool and if you want to torte your cake in between layers you can!
3. Use about a cup of coconut and dye green to use as your grass for the top of the cake (carve out medium size circle on the top of your cake, but don't go to deep just enough to make an indent. Frost the entire cake. I used a pastel yellow, then put your green grass all around the top of the cake.
4. I used M&M's to decorate around the cake
5. Feel free to use jelly beans, malted milk ball eggs, chocolate eggs or whatever you want to use as "eggs" for the top of the cake! Get creative!
6. To make your basket handle use aluminum foil and fold into a handle. Use ribbon to cover your foil handle and insert into cake!

Here is what it will look like:

No comments:

Post a Comment